Sunday, August 12, 2007

55 years young

Today is my dear mother's birthday.

She is amazing. I cannot think of a kinder, sweeter, more selfless woman. She's the type of person who will drop everything she's doing to help someone in need. (Like Friday night at 11:00 when she drove across town to bandage up Clint's split-open forehead/basketball wound). And somehow, after raising 9 children of her own and enduring the heartache some of us have put her through, she still loves kids more than anyone I know. My children will be so lucky to have her as a grandmother.

Happy Birthday Mom. I love you.


  1. where in the world do you get all of these darling pictures of mom? i especially like this one because she has a sleeveless shirt on... that's about as rebellious as she gets!! :)

  2. and don't forget she was pregnant like 5 other times as well. Your mom has done some pretty amazing things and I'm trying to learn how to be more spunky like her. i.e.- picking up a dead racoon for the tail and de-scenting a skunk.

  3. I have to agree with everything you have said, your MOM is so awesome!! She is such an example to me!! You and your children are so lucky!! I loved the pictures they are so cute!! Hope all is going good!!