Monday, August 13, 2007

ping.

My sister Anna tagged me, or in her words, "ping"ed me. I think these things are silly, but hey, I'm home sick and laying in bed with nothing better to do. So here's 7 secrets about myself:

1) I am so indecisive. I think this is because everytime I make a decision (big or small) all the possible consequences run through my head, and it's hard for me to sort them out. This may explain why grocery shopping takes so long and why it took forever to decide I was ready to get married.

2) I've always wanted to dye my hair, but never have. There were a few times I convinced myself to do it, and then my hairstylists wouldn't let me. Now I'm grateful for that because I guess I like being 'natural.'

3) 75% of the time, my inner critic tells me I'm not good enough - I'm not pretty enough, skinny enough, creative enough, funny enough. Sometimes I overcompensate for that and end up bragging about my accomplishments to make myself feel better. But the other 25% of the time, I feel better than everyone and everything. So there.

4) Pedicures always make me feel better. Clean feet make me happy.

5) I don't have a sweet tooth; I have sweet teeth. I'm addicted to sugar/candy/anything sweet and I almost never say no to it. Yes, it's a problem, especially as I'm trying to eat healthier. I remember crying when I was a little girl because my sister told someone that I would rather have candy than money. It was true then. Sometimes I even wonder if it's true now.

6) I absolutely love writing and doodling on newspaper. I could probably do it for hours. There's just something about the way a pen glides over the paper!

7) I am pretty proud of my educational accomplishments, mostly because of the fact that I worked the system at ASU. If you add up the scholarships I was awarded throughout my four years of college, it comes to a little more than $12,000 + free tuition + free trips to Boston and Miami. Not sure how I got so lucky, but I think it's awesome that ASU paid ME to go to school.

8) I know I'm only supposed to do 7, but this one's for my sister-n-law Kathryn: Sometimes I cuss in my head too. It gets worse though; I kind of think swear words are funny (all but one).

Tag, you're it!: ADELL, AMY, CHRISTY, LISA, & MELANIE Come on friends...just do it.

3 comments:

  1. what? you're indecisive. looks like you're the only one in the family! i'm sorry i made fun of you for liking candy more than money, but now, seeing my obsession with money, do you understand why that concerned me? :) i love you and hope you feel better! goose wishes you felt better too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela-

    It was fun reading your "ping" :) Most of the stuff I didn't know.

    I'm totally with you on #5!! Because of that, when I went to go get a pedicure (#4) a month ago, the lady asked me if I was pregnant. Rough. I go on a diet to loose the "baby weight" (even though it was there before I got pregnant- ha ha) like every day.

    Let me know if you find a cure for the addiction.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i enjoy writing on newspaper as well.

    ReplyDelete