Monday, February 11, 2008

walk on stilts.






































We had a nice day wandering around Jerome {such an old, weird place}. There wasn't much to do except look at the incredible decay everywhere and eat at the Haunted Hamburger. Strangely though, I was pretty entertained - which I'm guessing is mostly because of the person holding my hand.

After the ghost town, we drove up to Sedona and found an original of this chair for a screamin' deal. Sadly, we were too late - and found ourselves bored within ten minutes. But I did end up buying a retro chair I found on Craigslist {how could I resist - it was yellow & it reclines/rotates!}. My point is that until I'm convinced otherwise, Sedona is only good for pretty red rocks & mid-century modern furniture.

And apparently, road trips aren't complete without car trouble. Broken car + 5 hours of being stranded = stressed-out husband. Thank heavens for the angel at AutoZone, nice man on motorcycle to fix the problem, iPhones, "I remember..." games, Sonic America's drive-in, and a jacket to keep me warm. Somehow, we made it home.

14 comments:

  1. Those pictures might have just changed my life. Do you have a fancy-pants camera, or just photoshop? (Because a camera would give me hope--whereas I am sure I could never do anything so amazing with photoshop.) Sorry about the car troubles, but it makes for a good story. A good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your blog.
    You and your husband are beautiful together :]
    I have an incling I'll be dropping in some more.
    I'm a friend of stevens, and he gave me your site so that I could take a looksie. He really seems to admire you, and its not difficult for me to see why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a theory that some people SEE and some people can only see what is pointed out to them by those who do SEE.

    I will be forever jealous of those who can SEE. I know enough about myself to know that I am not that person. you, my dear, are a SEER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make everything look so cool I really want to see Jerome AZ now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These scream "Road Trip". I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks/sounds amazing, minus the car trouble. I'm hoping for some similar action this weekend. Again, minus the car trouble. :)

    Happy you made it back safe and sound. Thanks for letting us be part of the journey via your gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're funny. i don't get the picture of the wood planks with a tiny bit of white paint remaining? oh, and where's the picture of the chair you DID buy? maybe clara and i will have to come visit someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy the photos of all of the signs immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. angela, i like the name jerome for a city and did not know there was a jerome, az. looks like a fun trip and fun memories. i love the pictures of the az desert. i miss it :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you, little miss pro photographer. Maybe you can be my new picture taker, picture fixer and everything else. If you weren't so dang talented I wouldn't bug you all the time. P.S. We Love our new blog. What would we do without you. Everybody needs an Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's b/c she is chubby. silly angela, a while ago i asked you to make me a header when you have time... actually, instead of using a picture of clara though, can you do one with obama? :) ha ha. j/k, obviously. a new header would be great. photoshop was on my old computer that went the way of the earth, which is why i haven't done a new one. not that it would be anything magnificent like the one you'll do for me. blah blah why do i talk so much?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great photo story! Your photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like your road trip was scenic, fun, and even a little eventful!!

    ReplyDelete