Sunday, April 13, 2008

change in the weather.


{Saturday night at my Uncle Hank's 60th birthday party}

Wish I had some better photos, but instead here is my favorite quote of the night:
Anna: "Hey, where's Uncle Tom?" / Clint: "Does he have a cabin?"




{Sunday evening with the family}

Just about every Sunday, my mom cooks a delicious meal for her kids, grandkids, nieces/nephews, whoever shows up. In celebration of her & my dad's 35th anniversary (!), we decided to do all the cooking for her today. {Grilled salmon & chicken, spinach salad, zucchini and squash, potatoes, rolls, and yummy desserts}. After spending a big chunk of my day in the kitchen, I have an even better appreciation for her weekly meals. I missed my Sunday nap.

Also, I'm feeling ill and I think it might be the flu coming on... or I ate one too many of the orbios I made. Let me tell you what I think about orbios (Clint made up that term, by the way). They're delicious but deadly. I decided they might fall into the same category as those deep-fried candy bars sold at the fair (don't worry, never tried one) - the let's take something unhealthy and see how much more fattening we can make it category. It's pretty disgusting if you think about it.

Here's to a healthier next week.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you don't get too sick. Maybe it's just a 24 hour bug. Hopefully. I loved your orbios. I didn't know Clint made up that name. I ate too many when everyone was here and then when people left, I ate more. Next time you see me you might think I'm pregnant with a litter of orbios.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at your weekend pictures here and remembered how much fun is family get togethers :) thank you so much for reminding me that!

    And what a wonderful dress you are wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you have an Uncle Hank. I'm kind of jealous. In fact, I might start calling all of MY uncles "Uncle Hank," just so I won't feel so left out.

    They might think it's strange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pictures. you guys are a good looking couple! so i am insanely jealous you have that dress, i actually tried the same one on in utah and it was to short. story of my life.


    it looks very cute on you though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellloo Hardisons.
    How have you guys been?
    looks as though it's been well!
    thats wonderful.
    you may of course have one of those record rack things.
    just let me know!

    ReplyDelete