Tuesday, May 27, 2008

shady lane.






We had plans to go camping with friends this weekend, but at the last minute it didn't work out. This turned out well for a couple reasons - we avoided being trapped in snow, we got to enjoy amazing {cold} weather here, and it ended up being a great weekend.

On Sunday we took an afternoon drive to the Superstition Mountains -if you can call them mountains- which are only about fifteen minutes from our house. This is when I discovered that I'm within a half hour of yet another ghost town, Goldfield. {Don't worry, I'll stop it soon with the AZ-ghost-town-obsession I promise}. On our way home, we stopped at a park and took a nap under a shady tree. When it's 120 degrees next month and my back is sweating in my car, hopefully I'll remember how nice the breeze felt under the tree that day.

Monday was not quite as relaxing - lots of shopping and hours upon hours of deep cleaning the house. But it was really wonderful to spend two whole days uninterrupted with Clint. I needed that.

And after this weekend, I realized that despite what he or I or anyone sometimes thinks, it really doesn't take much to make me happy - just a little r&r with my favorite people.

{note: It's possible that I maybe slightly tainted the above claim on Monday evening, when I proclaimed my undying love for this certain architect's house that I just have to own someday... even if it's currently $2.4 million. Just maybe, you know.}

7 comments:

  1. i have devised a plan that will provide us the 2.4 million dollars needed to purchase the house while simultaneously helping us to accumulate some pretty impressive wall decoration for our new mansion: art theivery. i just acquired some black turtle necks and rope. you in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so silly. I would love to take a nap with Kyle under a tree--I'll need to remember to do that when (if) I ever see him again in a month

    ReplyDelete
  3. where your/are you and Melzer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh crazy. what a small world.
    anna- (your sister?) dated my best friends brother.... jordan mills? i remember thinking she was so pretty when i was little-
    yes- my moms a caldwell, kiria is my first cousin.
    funny, now we have a connection other then just blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diablo 3 Gold someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world, someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop Buy Diablo 3 Gold, someone who changes your life just by being part of it Cheap Diablo 3 Gold, this is Forever Friendship

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will spare no efforts in doing things WOW Power Leveling, the master of a single trade can support a family. The master of seven trades cannot support himself wow gold, No one has ever been or will ever be strong enough to take our freedom away from us Sell WOW Gold.

    ReplyDelete