Thursday, June 12, 2008

leaving things undone.



Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of nonessentials. - Lin Yutang

I've been feeling slightly over-inspired lately, if that's possible. There are so many things I want to learn, do, be. And most of them require more time, skill, money, and effort than I'm willing to give.

So for now I am focusing on just a couple things...

making my clients happy
working late tonight and going in early tomorrow

my health
day 4 of no sugar (can you believe it? me neither) and daily exercise

the dining room

instead of the whole house (lastnight's attempt of replacing a light fixture = electrocuted husband, three wasted hours, and a headache)

being a better wife
cleaning house, cooking, laundry, and more hugs


...and leaving some of the other things undone.

6 comments:

  1. An interesting concept. I may come to nurture it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, i think i need to do this too. and i really like that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed - 4 days! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, dear. You sound very busy. I don't want to bother you with my blog problems if it will send you over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. of all your noble quests, the wife is definately the most important of all!

    you'll find all the others will come to pass, sooner or later!

    (i know you know that, but it's fun to share a little bit of what i've learned in my search for inspiration) Ü

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good thoughts.
    Good luck w/ your no-sugar thing!
    I should do that...

    ReplyDelete