Wednesday, July 23, 2008

why i thrift: part III.

part III - for the better-shaped clothing

I've got to be in the right mood to look for clothing at a thrift store, because there's always infinite amounts of junk (okay, there's junk everywhere, not just on the clothing racks). But when I do find something great - like this red silk skirt that I love! - it usually makes it home with me because of 1) the shape & the way it just fits right, 2) the material that still hasn't worn out in forty years, and/or 3) the pattern I couldn't resist.

My best finds are usually dresses or skirts.

Oh and I also love the way vintage tags look. The brand on the shirt pictured below reads haberdashery - which, I'll admit, is part of the reason I bought it.


  1. Last week I found a really awesome skirt for a dollar and was like, "WHY do I not look for clothes in thrift stores more often??"

    Maybe because that skirt took me over an hour of browsing to find?

    I love this series, by the way. Great stuff!

  2. Oh that spotty skirt is fantastic!

    I had a lucky thrift find recently of some Royal Doulton coffee cups and a pot. Beautiful!

  3. those are amazing finds! where are you going? i feel like i can never find anything!

  4. This comment has been removed by the author.