Thursday, August 7, 2008

melzer family.



We spent four days at Hawley Lake with my entire family (all but 3 of them, who we missed dearly). There's a whole lot of us and we stayed in one huge cabin - which made for late nights of talking and games, and early mornings of screaming children. You better believe I took advantage of nap time everyday.

(warning: gazillion photos)


the porch (where lots of reading + visiting took place)










aspen grove + where's clint?








designers/ treehuggers








my little bro steven


aspens + moss + wildflowers




return of the NM70's, my favorite high school sneakers


abandoned cabins everywhere, filled with old treasures








one more... just in case there weren't enough of us already



There were many things about this trip to the mountains that I needed. It was simply beautiful. And my heart is full.

"Love is so big that you can die in it - die of self and be fully consumed in it. It's what you are, and it will have all of you back to itself again. So simple." - Byron Katie, Loving What Is

15 comments:

  1. I'm so very proud that so very many of these pictures were taken by me. Hopefully that means my approval rating is on the rise.

    Maybe next year we'll get everyone there and for more than a few days.

    Lots of love from Anna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have such an awesome way of making my blog of picutres look so drab. Can I just copy and paste? Well done Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I think that I just clicked on your blog like 5 times to relook at your pictures. You have the touch. 1 picture + Angela's touch = wonderfullness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had lots of fun! It looks beautiful up there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've been waiting for pictures, (i figured there would be some) looks like fun, i love the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pix, angela.

    and steven...whoa! i can't believe that's little steven. give him a BIG hello for me.

    loved the old cabins. awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. i've been a "treehugger" for about 12 years now. loved that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes lets!
    and our husbands could be friends (landon LOVES when i find him friend's.)
    can i still see your letter press, pretty pretty please? i only work until 3:00 nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh!!! I love when you post gazillions of photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey now... those shoes look familiar.

    I remember when you took the little sparkly things off the side, and thinking you were so cool.

    I still think you are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, i love that quote in the end! you arrange your photos so well angela and they are all so good AND look good together! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pictures are so awesome! And they make me miss the Melzer family so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving all your pictures! you are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!!!! Look at Clints facial hair in that last pic of you two.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love all the pictures! looks like you guys had such a great time! p.s of course we will still be friends when the baby comes! are you crazy!!!! when the weather cools down a touch (end of october haha) we need to plan a day trip to globe. i saw the coolest old buildings there! it would be way fun to take pics and walk around!

    ReplyDelete