Wednesday, October 1, 2008

i can see a lot of bright in you.



There are some things that aren't meant to be shared with the internet - things that I keep in my heart and in my mind and in moments of understanding conversations. But sometimes it helps to get it out there.

When someone you love is struggling, a part of your world just doesn't feel right. There's a sudden tug of sorrow, a phone call that makes you worry, a story that reminds you, and of course - the tears. So many tears.

If you search hard enough, there always seems to be a memory or a feeling that fills you with hope. Something to hang onto through the pain. So here's to my hope and prayers (many prayers) for that someone to surrender, overcome, and most of all - become that bright and brilliant person we all know and love.

"It's just that you can't help them and it's all so discouraging," wrote F. Scott Fitzgerald. But the truth is, you do help them, and you help one another. - David Sheff, Beautiful Boy

12 comments:

  1. I love you Angela.

    Remember, there's always hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said Angela. You brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing. You'll be in my prayers as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope everything works out angela. may you find bits of encouragement along the way. like these blog comments from random people. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. there's always hope angela, i will be thinking about you and sending well wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I hope you are okay. That was really written well. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and stay possitive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely post. i wish all the best to your loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. angela, is this about my repeated failures at placing my socks in the hamper? if so, i'm extraordinarily sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sending my thoughts your way. beautifully worded post

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate when that happens. I hope things turn out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks. I really needed this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i understand. oh, i understand.

    those tugs and strains on the heart can be taxing, can put your off-kilter, and sharing seems wrong, but not seems false.

    i love the way you wrote this and hope that all turns out well, that peace is found, both within you and to those close to you.

    (p.s. thank you for your wonderful comments on the authentic self. i read and reread that quote you shared a bazillion times. so very thoughtful of you to think of me and come back to share.)

    ReplyDelete