Sunday, October 26, 2008

ode to you.

I like Sundays for a lot of reasons, one of which is this: the husband all dressed up for meetings and church, then the subsequent loosened tie and untucked shirt. Even though he laughs at me during inopportune times -- like when I get emotional over the little kids singing during the Primary program in church -- I'm thankful for him.

Because who else would be willing to dress up in the absolute lamest costume ever with me for a Halloween party last night? Nope, no pictures coming. Here's a hint though: maybe the costume included stars and stripes -- you know, because we're just so pleased about the direction our country is headed in... (atleast we have each other, right?)


  1. what the heck? how come you photoshopped all my rippling chest, shoulder and neck muscles out of that picture? that white shirt is normally stretched to its utmost limits by my vast brawniness. all your photo-tweaking leaves me looking, rather inaccurately, like a gangly tenth grader.

    all the same, thanks for the thoughtful post.

  2. Hello there!

    You've been tagged I'm afraid ;-)

    Don't worry if you don't want to do it, but the rules are over at my blog!



    PS. Absolutely love that photo - how sweet!

  3. Come on, I wanna see the pictures!

    Oh and Clint, she had to doctor the photo to make sure nobody would hit on you after seeing you in your true form.

  4. What a handsome man! I miss YOU! Seriously I was hoping we could've set Snowflake on fire in true Angela and Becky form! It has been way to long and I am well past my "Bertha" fix. I know that your a busy women, so I am not asking for anything permenant just maybe pencil me in sometime! love ya!

  5. I think you forgot to add another reason why you love Sunday. You get to see all your adorable nieces and nephews. Not many people are lucky enough to have twins on both side!

  6. Mmm...I totally live for the unkempt look on Poor Kyle. I also can't get enough of his long sleeve shirt rolled up to *just* below his elbows. I could look at that style all day.

  7. i have never had the pleasure of meeting clint or you for that matter. but your husband is witty and hilariously funny. my husband and i enjoy reading his posts from time to time. especially loved this comment!

    i love that you cried during the program.

  8. no- it's not weird you want family pictures.
    yes- sunday best dressed husbands are cute.
    thanks- for the birthday wish.

  9. oh and-
    the gerber commercials sometimes get to me. true story!

  10. I'm so glad clint married you- i cant even imagine you two without eachother! so glad you're in our family, and i feel bad because i have checked your blog multiple times and never commented, but love it!

    ps) so glad "parenthood" is on the mind over there :)

  11. Angela. 2 things.

    1. I am also terrified for our beloved country and its poor wonderful citizens (I am also sad for the dumb ones). I think I may move to New Zealand. On second thought...their prime minister and her husband are both homosexual (yeah. weird. thats what I said). But nonetheless, maybe they are still headed in a better direction.

    2. Thank you for the Department of Eagles. I have enjoyed them muchly.

    I obviously still blog stock you. Sorry. I can't help myself.

  12. Anonymous11/05/2008

    I know you don't see what I see in this election. But I am so grateful that you people were in the minority yesterday. We are all lucky to live in this great Nation-where we can believe what we want and not be prosecuted for it. Remember that when you are trying to shove your religious beliefs down my THROAT!

    OBAMA 2008!

  13. Dear Anonymous,

    That was quite humorous... I'm sorry that you think I'm "trying to shove my religious beliefs down your THROAT" (why the caps - do you have a huge throat or something??). But I'm not sorry for my values and beliefs - I'm proud.

    (And maybe a little bit concerned for the welfare of a country that diminishes the role and importance of family, and thinks government and 'spreading the wealth' can solve problems).

    I guess that's beside the point though. What I really wanted to make clear is that I too am thankful that we live in a country where we can believe what we want, and where we can voice those beliefs... which is why I'll continue to share my religious convictions and happiness with those around me.


  14. So I had to find this post and read the comment that mr. (or mrs.) anonymous wrote. I am more worried about the fact that he/she felt that because you mentioned church and nothing really about our beliefs in this post that he/she felt you were "shoving it down their throats." Strange times. Oh, and you are definitely your sister's sister since you are both sugar addicts as mentioned in the previous post! I love you blog. You are so cute!

  15. Sheesh, what crawled up Anon's bum and died?

    You weren't even talking about religion. I'm confused.

  16. Why is it that anonymous is so happy that we live in a "great Nation-where we can believe what we want and not be prosecuted for it" and yet he's saying your "shoving it down throats" because you have a blog and write about what you believe.
    IRONIC. . . (caps intended)

  17. p.s. I'm pretty sure it required a majority vote to pass 3 important props yesterday. . .
    So glad we're in the minority, eh?
    the end.

  18. Hey Anom-

    Stop trying to force your immoral beliefs upon all of society. You are a closed minded bigot who discriminates against my right to practice whatever religion I want. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!

  19. Anonymous11/07/2008

    it is interesting to me that people who are so insistent on the value of human life (which i support) are willing to deny gay couples the same rights granted to heterosexual marriages. if life holds true, equal value for all extending to even embryos (what jesus preached), why should a couple, who is equally valuable as humans as you and your husband, be excluded from marriage based on their sexual preferences for each other? we all hold the same value right? or are we only as "valuable" as our ability to fit into the conventional social framework? if marriage is truly sacred to you, regardless of who else is able to marry, it should remain so. the solidity of marriage should never be based on other people's marriage. (because we all know there are abusive, unhealthy ones out there)

    i guess i don't really know. but, i believe only those who have never befriended a gay couple, would say that real, true love can only exist between a man and woman. in my experience, that just isn't true. and plus, there are people out there who get married just to get american citizenship, you can't prevent them from marriage, so does that mean marriage in a general sense isn't sacred? of course not.

    the passing of prop102 was extremely disappointing.

  20. Anonymous11/07/2008

    oh also, i am not the same anonymous as the first person that posted before. i really like your blog so i just thought i'd share some thoughts.
    thought thought thought thought.

  21. Anonymous11/07/2008

    anonymous #2: you may never see this. but, i had to put my thoughts anyway. just in case.

    prop 102 wasn't meant to prohibit gay couples from enjoying the "rights" heterosexual couples enjoy. (although they have the same rights in my mind... and that is the right to marry someone of the opposite sex. just like them, i don't have the right to marry someone of the same sex either). prop 102 was to DEFINE marriage as between a man and a wife, to avoid our state from changing the definition of the word. marriage, in my heart and mind, is sacred and should remain as defined. but that doesn't mean i am against civil unions so that gay couples can have the benefits a traditional marriage offers.

    just because people struggle with such a thing doesn't make it right. certain people are more prone to alcoholism based on their genetic make up, but that doesn't mean we should allow them to abuse alcohol. we all have trials in life and i believe that having homosexual tendancies is a trial. with that said, know that i don't judge those that choose such a lifestyle. i don't know what it's like to be in their shoes. but i do know someone that IS in their shoes and after more than a decade of living that life, he's decided it's wrong. he's probably still gay, but he has chosen not to act on those feelings.

    -anonymous #3

  22. Anonymous11/08/2008

    thanks for replying and i did get to read your comment :) it's nice to hear different views, but i guess we will never reach a consensus. while you and many others believe that homosexuality is a choice, i believe it is as uncontrollable as a person's race.
    as for homosexuality being a tendency, i don't think it's comparable to alocholism, because i just don't see it in a negative light. it's unlike drug abuse because it's not detrimental. while i know of a few people myself who have changed their lifestyles to fit their religious paradigm, i've seen them more unhappy than they ever were when they felt free to be in fulfilling relationships with other guys. it's like if being straight was considered wrong, and for you suppress your desire to be with a person of the opposite sex. you might feel "right" because you're doing what is deemed okay by society or your religion, but inwardly you would probably be extremely miserable.

    what i say is if two people are mutually gay and in a good relationship, so let it be. allow them the same rights granted to you or me. take away the term "marriage" that's fine, but give them the right to civil unions that come with the same priveleges as traditional marriages do. so i guess we do agree on one thing :)