Tuesday, November 25, 2008

zigzags & piper.

I'm really glad that my friends are having babies so I can make them shower invitations...

...and throw parties.

That's Lisa (and me).

Anna & Adell, my helpers... thanks again you two. Or as Lisa might say, "bless your hearts."

We had bread bowls, homemade creamy chicken noodle soup and broccoli cheese soup, strawberry spinach salad, creamy lemon veggie salad, peppermint brownies & sugar cookies. Yum.

I got some old pictures of Lisa and CJ as youngin's and hung them from mini clothespins and ric-rac. They are going to have cute kids.

And then I went overboard with the zigzags and made some personalized initial notecards for all of the guests.

^a special dance from Anna in her apron

I must have been too busy chatting with everyone because I didn't take a single picture of the guests (except us four) - but thanks to all of you who came to support Lisa and graced my house with your presence.


  1. so cute! i love the hanging paper flowers! can't wait till my new sister-in-law has babies so i can plan the showers. :)

  2. It turned out so cute! But aren't you so glad it's over?

    I skipped out of the shower I threw after it was done. I was just thinking, 'HALLELUJAH!'

    I totally forgot to post pictures of my invitations. Yours are awesome!

  3. I was so bummed I couldn't make it!! Clark was sick and rob was working!! OH, life as a mother! :)

  4. will you throw me a baby shower someday? please?

  5. throwing a party is fun to do, fun to do, fun to do.

    being so sick is fun to do, fun to do, fun to do.

    working too much is fun to do, fun to do, fun to do.

  6. Oh my gosh. I wish you were my real life friend and that I wanted to have kids, because I would commission you to do it for me. It's beautiful!!!

    Also, I hope you don't hate me for going ahead and becoming self-hosted by myself. You probably look at my blog and think it's so ugly, and that you could have done way better (which you could have I'm sure), but I mean it when I say Kyle really did want to try his hand at it. Don't hate me! (Unless you want to, and then there's really nothing I can do about it...)

  7. Cute! I was waiting for pictures of the shower. What lucky friends you have. (including me!!!)

  8. it was the greatest shower!!! thank you so much angela!!! man, pregnancy really makes me look like a special person! haha. my belly is getting huge! i can't wait for piper to come:) thanks again lady!
    your such an awesome friend!!!!!

  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

  10. Everything looks marvelous. My friend just threw an Over Achieving Mother [I'll Never Be As Amazing As Her] Party for her 6 year old and had those same paper flowers. I love them. And is that my friend Joel's fabric I see framed in your dining room?

  11. i love the stitching across the top of the invite and the personalized cards. great great set-up.