Friday, December 26, 2008

all is calm, all is bright.




A few vintage ornaments from my growing collection... that blue bird was made by my great-grandmother (I love it)



Cloudy, rainy, beautiful weather... we spent some time outside in my parent's neighborhood before it started pouring. Clint pulled up his pajama pants past his bellybutton and it was the funniest thing all day.




It's been a lovely few days. We spent time with both of our families on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and had our own little celebration too. I'm feeling blessed in so many ways and very grateful - for friends, family, health, time off from work, giving + receiving, and for knowing the true meaning of this holiday.

If there's one thing I keep learning over and over in my life, it's that people are genuinely good. Thanks to all of you for being amazing. Peace and love from me to you... and happy, happy holidays.

13 comments:

  1. ooh, didn't you love the anthropologie wrapping? i bought something on sale just for those buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. christmas was lovely. and clint sure made me laugh hard.

    pretty pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That string of bells and buttons was one if my favorite sites this Christmas. It meant gifts from anthropologie! My favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the pictures dear friend. It was an unexpected smile to my day. I was delighted to find your collecting vintage ornaments, nothing says Christmas like the old time feel of the tree. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  5. my favorite is the merry christmas with ligatures. beautiful. you see good in everyone around you because you recognize it in yourself. love to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I check your blog every day, hoping for more picture montages just like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, sad we didn't get to see all of you guys! By the way, Clint "vanishing" cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oh my, look at those adorable buttons ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pics are beyond beautiful. This is what makes your blog so wonderful and special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my favorite part of working at anthro this christmas season was passing the button trim out. instant smiles all around.

    hope your christmas was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got that ribbon on a gift my friend gave me...It was sooo ADORABLE i didnt want to open the gift ha! I did keep that ribbon though. : )


    Jen Ramos

    'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
    www.madebygirl.com
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete