Saturday, January 17, 2009

a two-thousand pound mistake.



My desk at home is a disaster. Actually, the whole room sort of is. But instead of cleaning I'd like to rant for a second...

Clint and I just got home from seeing Seven Pounds, which was probably one of the best movies I've been to in awhile. (So good that I'm feeling like I really need to be an organ donor). Of course, I especially loved that there was a letterpress involved in the movie. Except when she decided to show him how it worked, put in a blank piece of paper, and after one impression pulled out a 4-color image with a gradient. What?! Sorry people, it doesn't happen that way. And that's when I became the annoying person in the theater, vocalizing my disbelief and laughing. It's still driving me crazy though.

The husband got it right when he said it's kinda the same as a commercial that shows somebody 'strumming' a bass guitar. He understands (and that's just one more reason why I love him).

10 comments:

  1. i want to see more of your office. actually, i want to see more pictures of your house, period.

    ooh, i just had a great thought...

    i will be getting back to you on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love letterpresses. And your house looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seven pounds was inspirational. I loved it. Hopefully the letterpress mistake didn't ruin it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I understand too. Kind of like someone thinking they can do their taxes on a 10-key.

    What!?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am one of those unrealistic hopefuls sometimes... I was so sure he wasn't going to go through with it, that it would be miraculously happy... i thought about it for a long time afterwards. Made me grateful for what i know. You are so cute and incredibly creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loved it too. and i thought of you while watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have actually been really wanting to see that movie. I wish you hadn't told me about the foible, though. It's going to irritate me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha, ha angela. i didn't like the movie, but i was thinking the same thing when i watched that part.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha. How true! Movies always screw it up. The same goes for having a baby. It always looks to unrealistic and stupid on screen.

    Anywho...

    ReplyDelete