Friday, February 13, 2009

our way to fall.




the card I made for my favorite person in the world*

We don't actually celebrate Valentine's Day around here... we celebrate February 13th, remember? Six years ago I finally gave in and kissed Clint after months of pretending he was "just my friend." Hooray for good choices.

Last night I shut myself in my home office to work on his card; Clint was in the music room next to me working on my card. Every few minutes he would come knocking and request paper or scissors or a glue stick, which I would slide under the door. I finished right around midnight and then I heard a little tap on my door... he just couldn't wait any longer to give me his card. It was endearing.

Happy Love Day. I hope all of you (at some point) get to feel as much in love as I do.

*This idea came from somewhere else years ago, and I haven't the slightest clue. But isn't it funny/awesome?

19 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for this post.

    Great card. Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are my favorite couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cute. You are so dang creative.

    I just started a book club also. Let me know if you come across any good reads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever card...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a fantastic card, but i wouldn't expect anything but from you.

    btw - your "hope" is my number one goal. call me weird and stalker-ish, but i want to be just like you and c.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, this is so clever & sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you guys are ADORABLEE. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that card. You two are so creative and perfect for each other.

    I just clicked on your V-day link from last year and you and I gave our V-day 2008 blog post the exact same title. Funny, huh?

    Have a great Feb 13th and 14th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Angela. What a fun, cute, creative card. You're so cute.

    You've also inspired me to go back through my journals to see when McKane and I's significant day around V-day was. :) I think we'll celebrate both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bag idea! It is definitely an awesome idea. What a wonderful memory to hold for the
    13th, who needs Valentine's Day with that. Have a wonderous day dear friend. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2/14/2009

    I love your love.
    Reading your blog, I often wonder if it's weird that I, as a complete stranger, get butterflies when reading posts tagged "Us". But I really can't help it. As a pretty average youth, pretty sick with the kind of "love" that goes on between my peers, all I can say is that you inspire me, Angela. Thank you for keeping the fluttering in my stomach, the goofy grin on my face and the wishing in my head. Your hope is really my dream.
    Thank you so very much, and happy v-day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andy and I celebrate February 15th, because that is the day we got engaged--7 years ago.
    Your card brings a smile to my face--multiple times over.

    ReplyDelete
  13. how adorable! i love it. my card said "you're my favorite form of exercise" so romantic huh? :)

    i'm glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh this is so cute. you guys sound adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card! How did you print it on a paper bag? This would be a great wedding invitation, too! Thanks for posting it! Suz ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, you two are the best. And dare I say kindred spirits, too?

    ReplyDelete