Thursday, April 2, 2009

there slowly emerges a pattern.



I am glad that this day is just about over. I've done pretty much nothing the past 24 hours except lay in bed with the flu.

Thankfully Clint came home during lunch, brought that nightstand over next to the bed, and set up the computer so I could watch movies and TV online -- which I did for way too long. He also brought me Jamba Juice. And then when I decided at 8:00 pm that I was starving to death he got me a burger and fries from In-N-Out. Gross, I know, but you bet they were delicious. I think that means I'm starting to feel better. (sidenote: Maybe my family will be proud of me for eating a burger [I often get ridiculed for rarely eating meat]).


Dear Husband,

Thank you for taking care of me all day - and for offering to hold my hair back if I puked. You're a gem.

Love,
Me

15 comments:

  1. Aw, that's sweet -- but I hope you feel better soon! I know how it feels; it's nasty, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought I was dying from this sickness. When it hit in the night, I thought I had had a stroke - I couldn't walk straight and I was stumbling everywhere. I had to just lay there unable to move. I still thought that maybe I had some disease all week, but if you have it too, then chances are I'll live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you've been feeling yucky. Hope it leaves soon.

    You know you've really got a good one when they hold your hair back for you when you puke. Curt has done that for me on several occasions when I've unfortunately been ill. He's sweet too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank heavens for sweet husbands. Their sweetness makes being sick a little more tolerable. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope your feeling much better. no fun being sick, but I would love a day in bed:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, he's a good man, Charlie Brown. Happy to hear you're feeling even a little bit better. Keep walking that road to recovery.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlotte4/03/2009

    that is so sweet :-) I am the same way when I am sick.. for reason I always crave a cheeseburger and fries..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad your feeling better. We missed you at the meeting! Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. puking doesn't sound like fun.

    but watching movies and tv online does:)

    glad you're feeling better.

    now i want in-n-out for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, that is darling.

    The day before I got married, we had pictures. It was so hot, I ended up throwing up on the temple grounds. I was so devastated Ted had to hold back my hair as I barfed...in my wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to grow my hair out really long just so you can return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clint was nicer to you with the flu than Kyle was to me with Wisdom Teeth Removal. Your husband must love you more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you're feeling better sis. If I wasn't sick myself, I would have made you food, I promise. And if I didn't have a kid, I would've stayed in bed all day long too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i would rather be a carnivore than a vegetarian. only meat meat meat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your new profile pic ;) that red and those bangs... LOVE.

    hope you feel better soon.

    -l

    ReplyDelete