Friday, May 22, 2009

on the balcony just watching the crowd.



Here's a little secret about me: I get really nervous and embarrassed for other people who are the spotlight in public situations where I'm present. More specifically, when they're singing.

The worst is sitting in church watching someone sing a solo -- my palms all clammy and goosebumps on my arms (note: it doesn't matter if they're doing a fantastic job). The husband and I have instituted a little game we play in such situations... we hold hands, and each time the pitch or something is off, we squeeze hands. The worse it is, the harder we squeeze. It makes the whole thing slightly more bearable.

So anyway, I've had to get used to watching Clint perform so much lately. Last night they played at 12 West Main (great space) and I realized that I actually really really enjoy watching him sing and perform.

Makes me love him more, if that's even possible.

And maybe it also helps that my name finally made it into a song (Angela in 1906).

7 comments:

  1. Nice photo Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a cool venue. I like this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song! They are really good...;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I know what you mean! I used to think I was the only one that would get like that when a solo was sung! Makes it even worse when I'm the one singing. It's about time your name landed a place in the limelight! ;) so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I get like..proxy stage fright. It's worse when it's Aaron and odds are good that he'll say something totally inappropriate though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, thats sweet he wrote a song about you! sometimes i forget how cool it is that mike is talented enough to play in a great band. its tough being the significant other of a musician! when/where does clint play? you guys should come out to see mike's band play, he's at the camelback inn marriott every saturday and at metro (the restaurant) in south sdale every other friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an awesome picture. I guess Clint's pretty cool too. Um, I can't handle watching people in stressful situations either... especially sports. Makes me feel like I'm going to have a heart attack.

    ReplyDelete