Wednesday, June 24, 2009

we're made of joy.


(my beautiful niece elsa, swinging in the sun - may 09)

We got home very early this morning from California. Before we left on Saturday, happy news came that my brother's wife had given birth to her twins. Her second set of twins*, two more girls just as adorable as the first two (Lucy & Elsa, who turned 3 this week).

We were able to swing by the hospital and visit them on our way out of town. They were born several weeks early -- so tiny and precious. I'm sure I've said this plenty of times, but I LOVE my nieces and nephews.

Congratulations Ryan and Kathryn. And welcome to the world Annie and Leta!


*making that THREE sets of twins who'll call me auntie!

12 comments:

  1. That's a pretty awesome picture. Nieces and nephews are cool... but your own kids are cooler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leta pulled me aside today and asked that you come back to visit her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. multiple twins, wow! Congrats. Love the photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The other day I was at the library picking up books I had put on hold and Kathryn Melzer had a book waiting right next to mine. I thought that was funny.

    Also, I'd settle for just ONE niece or nephew. Apparently me and Aaron's siblings didn't get the 'multiply and replenish' memo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 sets of twins! you are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that is kind of amazing. three sets of twins as nieces and nephew. lucky you.

    and lucky them to have THE clint and angela hardison as uncle and aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twins are the best! So, does this mean you have a chance of twins or is it on your sister's husbands side?

    I've always loved the name Leta. I absolutely adore it and have had it in my "list." I can't get my husband to love it as much as I do, though (don't tell your niece :).

    Oh and I love that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww goodness so many twins! glad to hear everyone's healthy all the way around :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. three sets of twins might call you auntie, but that's still not half as good as when delaney calls me "hunkle." sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...that's a lot of twins.

    congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats-that's a lot of twins to love:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is so fun, i want a set!

    ReplyDelete