Friday, October 2, 2009

hindsight's given me too much memory.



I was hoping to relax a little today, but there's way too much going on in my head and on my to-do list. So much for a day off. To take my mind off this killer headache, here's my five senses Friday:

---------------------

tasting
avocado, cucumbers, red peppers, carrots, spinach & parmigiano reggiano (making a salad for dinner with friends tonight)

hearing
Built to Spill's new album (they're coming to Tucson October 28th... see you there?)

seeing
that cathrineholm lotus plate join my kitchen collection

touching
pencil, paper, keyboard & mouse as I attempt to work on husband's album art

smelling
my favorite candle burning downstairs

---------------------

Happy weekend. I'm especially looking forward to sitting down and taking in every word of general conference.

13 comments:

  1. feeling: cruddy.


    hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute post!

    I love all of your 5 senses!

    Sad we won't see you tonight as we get our fashion show on.. {really, I'm feeling so-unfashionable at the moment..ugh.}

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy reading your blog! I love seeing your pictures. You have such a gift for creativity and I love your style. :) It makes me happy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Isn't it so great to stop and actually feel what's going on around you? Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you have a relaxing weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you aren't doing anything tonight, come make treats with Clara and me. :)

    Trust me, all five of your senses will get a lovely workout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes the noise in your head is the worst - you can't get away from it. Hope you got to relax a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i seriously LOVE all your cute plates & wall hangings- so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad I was one who got to "taste" your delicious salad! The parmesean was my favorite part- this baby craves CHEESE! But not ranch, unfortunately for me :(
    Wish I could have joined in some of the rest of the senses (not the album art, I wouldn't know where to begin...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that plate, those shoes, this post! you are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see that album art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i LOVE built to spill's new album! yay. i love your blog, too. so crisp and clear and sweet and clever and kind. xo Ama

    ReplyDelete