Thursday, February 18, 2010

there's plenty here to do.





A few examples that prove my life is currently slightly out of control:

I haven't been to the grocery store in roughly three weeks. My poor husband. (Thanks Clint for making several trips to the store so we can eat.)

My messy house. I don't even want to talk about that one; it makes me want to break down in tears.

The transmission in my not-so-old car was failing (the car curse continues), so we traded it in for a new one as quickly as we could. But I still haven't had the chance to fully enjoy what it's like driving on a car with 100 miles instead of 100,000.

I found myself unexpectedly emotional when I found the most beautiful, vintage and in-perfect-condition dress while thrifting last week.

This morning, minutes after I decided I should probably never eat sugar again, I grabbed a handful of M&M's for breakfast. I have issues.

I need to make an eye appointment (since I recently discovered my eyesight is, in fact, far from perfect), a dentist appointment, call the doctor about an outrageous bill, call the insurance company about my new car. Some of those things have been on my mind for many months and still haven't occurred.

My to-do list in my notebook is three pages long and I keep remembering things to add.

...you get the idea.


It feels better to get that off my chest, but I still can't breathe very well. I think I'm a little bit crazy?

24 comments:

  1. i feel like that list is kind of just my everyday life. sad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. girlfriend, story of my life. especially the 3 page long list and the grabbing m&m's after resolving to do no sweets. seriously, do it everyday. glad to know im not the only one.
    loves!
    britt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post. I can relate! I've been baking like crazy to freeze things ahead for the dinner after our sealing and pretty much neglected everything else. I have to fold laundry before it takes over my house streganona style. I love the necklace you posted, it is beautiful. Please keep me in mind when you are thrifting and come across the perfect dress that is a few sizes too big :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED the piano you bought. so beautiful. and I didn't know you played the piano. I remember the piano in your house as a child, I played it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny because I had m&m's for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds stressful! i love that you still make time to post super cute blogs!! ps that necklace in picture two is completely rad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally know what you mean! The dentist is looming over my head + teeth! I'm dreading it but can't bring myself to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it happens to the best of us.

    good luck, my friend. you'll get it together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think we are alike. (your just a cooler version...) because i know exactly how you feel. i'll have something i HAVE to do and it just sits there, next to the computer, watching me. i think i like the drama or something....

    ReplyDelete
  10. and hey! i just realized i used this same title once.... what is it from again?

    ReplyDelete
  11. the title is from one of clint's songs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah! I know how that feels!

    Make a list, crossing all of this off will make you feel wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am with you on numbers one and two. i cleaned the house today though but had chocolates for lunch and we ordered dinner tonight :/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take a day off and tackle that to-do list. No interruptions or distractions. I have good intentions when it comes to checking things off, too, but sometimes it's the distractions that get the best of me and my ever-growing list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a million hospital bills from Oliver's delivery and they just keep coming. I feel your pain!

    Please take a picture of your gorgeous self wearing your gorgeous new dress.

    Also, one of your friend's profile pictures reminds me of myself. Isn't that funny? Can you guess which one? I always take a double take when i see it.

    Is that first photo taken at Mango's??

    ReplyDelete
  16. not crazy, just busy! Priorities change and change. Its going to be ok, and somedays you'll cross off more things than others. As long as the most important things get done, everything will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah, I think you're crazy. But that should make you happy, because you're in good company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm right there with you. Today I told myself that I wasn't doing a thing until I cleaned this house and finished the laundry.

    And here I am reading my favorite blogs instead....

    ReplyDelete
  19. i think you need a part-time personal assistant, what do you think?

    i want to see this dress of yours. i started sewing lessons last week and bought 2 summer dress patterns. hopefully between my other crap, some new dresses will be made for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your NormaL!!! Life is just crazy... i always love reading your blogs.. i wish i saw you more! lets plan something.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am trying to find my way as a woman who can do things her self. I put up a shelf and it falls down a day later. But that is life. It is ok if your to-do list is long . . maybe it means a long life to do them in.

    ReplyDelete
  22. haha. well, your right, it is. we listen to that cd alot in the lines house...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Having that kind of list is what spurred me to make a single (Chinese) New Year's Resolution: "Get my s--t together." I'm working at it, but the main thing is, I think consistency.

    ReplyDelete