Sunday, January 9, 2011

he would have laughed.



We were supposed to go on a camping trip with a group of friends this weekend. Instead we spent most of our time at home, losing our voices (sick again), watching movies in bed, and laughing at our own conversations and Clint's musings*. We might be a little boring, but we're never bored.

*like this one:

As my personality predisposes me for procrastination and forgetfulness, Angela sure loves it when she finds me prepared and ready to go in a prompt fashion. If, for instance, on Sunday morning I am standing at the bottom of the stairs, dressed in white shirt and tie, slacks ironed, and shoes shined a full ten minutes before church is scheduled to start, she exudes appreciation and delight. This is why I was really surprised the other day when I was closing in on Angela to kiss her and, in the very spirit of preparation that she so enjoys, stuck my tongue out while still some twelve to fifteen inches away from her face; I was shocked to see her grimace and turn away, gagging.

I must say; I just don’t understand women. So darn fickle.

That really happened.

listen to: Deerhunter - He Would Have Laughed

22 comments:

  1. It's rare that I actually laugh out loud at stuff people post but that story got me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious. I read his pen essay via iheartmesa the other day..great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahaahh that is hilarious!! i'm new to your blog and loving it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope you realize not every husband would let their wife take pictures of them like Clint...

    Hope you feel better soon and stop getting sick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Clint crack me up! Jon and I arent anywhere near as interesting as you two. We are two boring people. You two are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you had your eyes closed in proper kissing form, you'd have never seen it coming.

    p.s. - i have a man-crush on clint's writing. or, whatever sort of crush that would be called.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is stunning, and your pictures actually make me nostalgic for AZ, which is quite a fete.

    Thanks for the info. I had no idea Anthropologie had a home department. Perfect timing, since I am in the process of decorating a new house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is hilarious. so glad you shared

    ReplyDelete
  9. My boyfriend does that to me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. were these pics taken close to higley and warner b/c I swear I saw you guys pulled over a Sunday or two ago? I thought to myself - "They are too cute." If not...my statement remains the same.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "that actually happened" is not the whole story.

    "that actually happens three times a week" would be more accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when my friends enjoy their husbands as much as i enjoy mine:)

    Please get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! Might be boring but never bored for sure! Hope you guys are feeling better! We stayed home and watched movies too.. and we weren't even sick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha.... that's funny. (and cute photo)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you guys are so cute. my favorite weekends are those spent just lounging and laughing around the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. aw, that clint. so glad you have him. you guys make a great team.

    ReplyDelete
  17. his musings really are quite hilarious! that is so funny!! you two are adorable. so sorry you're sick again. boo! feel better. off to listen to that song...

    ReplyDelete
  18. very funny! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete