Thursday, March 10, 2011

when pressed about the rest of it.







Anna, Clara, Hazel and I took an afternoon trip to the Queen Creek Olive Mill (which is really close to Schnepf Farms). It's a small place, but pretty cute. We had lunch and the food was really delicious. I love cooking with olive oil, so I was happy to pick up some that's made locally.

We also admired the little garden for awhile, which reminds me... Local friends, have you heard about the Backyard Farmer? I discovered them through I Heart Mesa and until I can actually plant and sustain my own garden, it's the next best thing. I'm excited to try them out.

20 comments:

  1. I HAVE heard of Backyard Farmer! I want to try it but don't really understand how to order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute garden. I want to garden so badly, but we have no space and very little light.
    I love your photos. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not the experience I anticipated, but fun nonetheless. Thanks for coming with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The olive mill is by my house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful photos, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. here in the daybreak community we live in they have a big community garden. I'm excited it's for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds wonderful!I've never been to an olive farm (is that what you call it?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I've said it before but you are such an amazing photographer!!! What kind of camera do you use? (I know its not all in the camera, but I'd love to know) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love olive oil!!! I use it in almost everything I make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these photos made me sigh with relief. so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, my friend's been using the Backyard Farmer for a while now and loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! such a pretty place! i want to hang out with you and anna.

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww those pics are so lovely and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. we were just there about a month ago, and it was cute! we got their vanilla bean olive oil and use it for baking..its really good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh! that last one was by me, not abe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are very attractive colors. Now I get the full idea about it. Nice to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What!? You're blog is precious. Happy to have stumbled across it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice garden, I really like how it looks.

    ReplyDelete