Friday, April 22, 2011

the earth asks you back.



Happy Friday, happy Earth Day, happy Easter weekend! I suggest you pick up some bright flowers to properly celebrate it all.

Five senses for today:

--------------------------------
tasting

We're going to Food Truck Friday in downtown Phoenix for lunch, and I think I'll try something from the crème brûlée truck.

hearing
Jessica Lea Mayfield - Blue Skies Again

seeing
My sister Emily, niece Alexis and nephew Justin, who are here visiting from California. So so happy about that.

touching
The new tile we ordered from Heath for our fireplace. Fingers crossed our tile guy can install it perfectly spaced (being picky about details is proving to be a nightmare with all our contractors).

smelling
Heat. Summer has arrived and it's uncomfortably warm already. I hope I survive.

--------------------------------

12 comments:

  1. i think i just might bring some fresh flowers home today! perfect for spring and easter weekend, though i'll kind of feel bad buying dead flowers on earth day...oh well, you win some, you lose some. happy weekend! thanks, as always, for your beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest angela, can we please see eachother in the very nearest future?! It is ridiculous that it has been so long and I miss my friend! I'm dying to see your new house as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps, I must be signed into robs account, but yes its mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh what a beautiful photo! and thanks for that link to jessica lea mayfield--really loving her music.

    have fun with your sister and Happy Friday, Earth Day & Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry your food wasn't good. Mine was delicious. :) Wahh, I wish I was at your house with you right now to see the updates. But no, I'm sitting at mom's all by myself. Maybe soon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. your "tasting" and "feeling" made me hungry and excited to see photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh you'll have to let me know about the food experience. Sounds very interesting! And Ella had a much better day today. It's rough being 7. It's rough being a girl in general, lets be honest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've got the perfect plan for you.
    ready?
    good.

    come to portland in late july. it's only 89 degrees (which to the locals seems like 120.. whimps.) food carts and trucks are a plenty, and we can look for clint's doppleganger while listening to new music.

    win win for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should send some of that heat my way! Spring has been completely dismal in the midwest. Love those happy flowers! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. snow in our forecast this week =). i'm pining for some arizona sunshine about now. thanks for sharing that song. i hadn't heard it before and i love it. love you. happy easter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yellow flowers are so cheerful. ps...the food truck sounds awesome. hope you took some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for sharing jessica lea mayfield, this had made me get through my tuesday and maybe the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete