Monday, June 20, 2011

sometimes i feel so happy.





To brighten up a Monday: cheerfulness in the form of some striped paper yo-yos. (I handed them out to my nieces just for fun, but they would make for cute party favors or decor.)

Also, a belated Happy Father's Day! My dad is awesome. He's the right balance of brilliance and silliness, he always has the answer to everything, and he knows when to tease me or when I just need a big hug. Plus he leaves me funny blog comments. My father-in-law loves and serves others endlessly. Working with him this past year brought a light into my life and I will be forever grateful. And of course there's Clint, who will be an amazing dad someday. Let's just say our future kids are in for a real treat.

19 comments:

  1. Those photos are so bright and happy, I want to play with those! :)

    xo
    Janelle

    www.janellehaskin.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look so happy. i bet your nieces loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Balance of brilliance and silliness" I love that. Such a perfect mix :)

    The photographs are so dreamy too x


    sweetness xx
    hope to hear from you*!
    flyingakite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I know I always say this, but you're an artist genius!

    I hope Phoenix turns artsy enough that this little hobby of yours turns into a career!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those paper yo-yo's are adorable, and the gold tie/fastener is the perfect touch. love all the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling photos!

    I hope you have a wonderful week<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a simple and very sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have gone through quite a few of these since my girls birthday. The stripes are just too great to not want to have around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're like the coolest aunt EVER! How cute and happy are those things... And the cup they're sitting in is pretty awesome too. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, these look so vibrant and happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and Clint both are going to be amazing parents. I can't wait to see/meet little combos of you two running around. They are going to be brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i bet your nieces loved those paper yo-yo's. i bought a bunch of birthday candles last week and they brightened up my day too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love these little things! i bought max some for cinco de mayo and he had no clue what to do with them. haha. but don't they look so fantastic?

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. These really would make for a nice party favor. Love the bit about your fathers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are lovely! Lucky little nieces you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How very sweet. And I love your title "Sometimes I feel so happy." I had written those same words somewhere else just yesterday.

    ReplyDelete