Thursday, October 27, 2011

let's turn the page.



It's finally time to share the other huge change that's been going on in my life for the past while. If you know me in real life, this is old news. Or maybe you already read this article or this goodbye post. After over four years of growing SeeSaw, we've all decided to go our separate ways.

I'm so proud of the business we built and the accomplishments and success that we experienced. It was more than winning awards, being featured in newspapers, HOW, Print, Martha Stewart — it was feeling satisfied by the work I was doing and realizing that I was living my dream. So in that sense, it's sad to seemingly just let it go. But at the same time, I'm beyond excited about this change and new opportunities in store.

What does this mean for me? I'll continue working with some of my current design clients and taking on new clients as a freelance graphic designer. I'll continue doing letterpress — wedding invitations, prints, possibly stationery. I'm also going to explore textile design, prop styling, and other various creative pursuits, along with being a mother. I know that's a lot. All in good time, of course.

Here's to change and new endeavors!

26 comments:

  1. You're going to excel at anything you touch your hand to. Enjoy what makes your heart happy. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to hear; SeeSaw was one of my favorite design blogs. But so happy for you- so many new and exciting changes!! You are so talented and I know that whatever new endeavor you pursue will be wonderful and successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your many accomplishments past and in the future!! you are a truly talented and inspiring woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you! I know that sounds really cheesy but I really am! You're going to be amazing at whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for this new chapter! Being a mom will be the best of all.

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! This is sad but exciting at the same time. I'll miss the Seesaw blog. You guys did a great job at curating unique finds. Seriously, when there is so much overlap in design blogs these days. But good, happy luck on new ventures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to see what you do next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your positivity! And I can't wait to see what comes of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's to postitive times ahead and lots of new opportunities and experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodluck to your future but SeeSaw will be missed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on new adventures! You are amazing at everything you do and how wonderful to have these memories from the business. I'm excited to see what the future holds for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the best in your new adventures! I was recently looking at your website and saw the photo from this post. Loved it! You are so talented & have such a good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I first heard this I was a little sad, but it wasn't long before it became clear that this is going to be awesome. Change it good and you have a lot of changes coming your way:) Like everyone else said, I have no doubt that whatever you do will be amazing! I am voting for fabric, but I think you already knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. best of luck in your new endeavors. I'm excited to see what comes of it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How bittersweet!! I will cherish my seesaw calendar that much more. I can't wait to see what adventures you start next! You are so incredibly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with everything! This is so exciting for you all. I can't wait to see your new projects

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck to you! What a big change, the flexibility of being on your own will be such a blessing as a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  18. such exciting things on the horizon! i can't wait to see what you make of it all! i'm one of your biggest fans, to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, so much going on for you right now! can't wait to see what you do next... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. good luck with the new and exciting changes! the world is your oyster, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. change is good! i'll miss seesaw terribly but am excited to see what's next for you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. If, scratch that...WHEN i ever get married you're my invitation designer for you. I've always loved every single thing you've ever put up on this blog and I would be honored to even say you made them. People always ask where you got your invitations done. It'll be a proud moment for me :0)
    Now I just need to find "the" guy...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Change can be scary, and wonderful. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete