Thursday, July 25, 2013

sand and salt and blues.



Playing catchup here is tricky, because I don't know where to start. But I suppose this is as good a place as any: our annual California trip.

This year we extended our stay a little longer than usual. For the first part, we stayed in an amazing guest house in Solana Beach. I was in love with the laid-back vibe and the great colors/textures. We spent a day at the ocean with my family, went strawberry picking and to Balboa Park, and celebrated my beautiful niece's high school graduation.

The second part of our trip was spent mostly at the beach (with a day trip to Venice and the Getty thrown in for good measure, because heaven knows I get way too restless sitting by the ocean for too long). Naturally Margo adored it all: the cold water washing over her feet, jumping waves with dad, digging hands and toes and toys into the sand, and also having grandma/grandpa/aunt/uncle at her beck and call to play.

It was such a relaxing week away from everything. Cheers to California, yet again.

And now for an overload of iPhone photos, because lugging around my big camera with everything else required for a toddler wasn't happening.

27 comments:

  1. Looks like the perfect getaway. I can't get enough of Margo's everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are spectacular, seriously. As is that precious daughter of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Getty is one of my most favorite museums. I always make a point of visiting it if I'm somehow nearby when visiting from the San Francisco Bay Area. And your little one is the most precious.... So cute!

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the bathtub photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos. Sounds like a perfect trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Make me miss California.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that place you stayed at was unreal! so so beautiful. loved seeing these photos, and margo is just way too cute these days, fyi. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful babe that little Margo is. glad your family had a safe and fun trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you haven't given up on blogging entirely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a charming little house. California trips always make me come home and start figuring out how I can move there permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that place you stayed looks perfect in every way. this post is beautiful! every picture is sooooo lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the iphone pictures, you have the best eye. and i'm actually a sucker for cold water, so go margo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Margo. Sigh...such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rossana7/30/2013

    My husband and I spent part of the day at Solana Beach a couple of weeks ago. We had lunch at Lockwood Table. Wonderful food and the best lavender iced coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gasp! Blue concrete floors! Oh my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  18. these captures are so very precious and wonderful
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. These photos are unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  20. you're the coolest! i think i will attempt to steal your shoes the next time i visit. say hullo to margo and the husband for me! miss you guys. utah is pretty in the fall... think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. these pictures are magic!!! babies and succulents get me every time.

    xo staci

    ReplyDelete
  22. There are new PBX systems with new features that could improve your business. This article contains 5 things that you need to think about when buying a new small Business Phone Service.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing picture with the baby. I like it so much. You post a very wonderful post. Interior design ideas

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just found your blog. Gorgeous photos! I'll definitely be back to look around.

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the pics :) very cute!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Buy & sell new and used iPhones.
    Wide selection of new and used iPhones for sale.
    More at used iphone for sale

    ReplyDelete